Welcome Kindergarten and the School Nutrition Program
- Offering a variety of selections
- Meeting federal nutrition standards
- Encouraging lifelong healthy eating habits
- Feeding young minds
Good Food and a Good Value
- For elementary students, a student breakfast is $1.50 and a student lunch is $2.25.
- Students who qualify for reduced-price meals pay $0.30 for breakfast and $0.40 for lunch.
- Students may also qualify for free or reduced-price meals.
How do you apply for free and reduced-price meals?
- Request a Free and Reduced-Price Meal Application from your child’s school, or Apply Online (beginning July 16, 2023).
- Provide all required information so your child’s application can be processed. Incomplete information will delay the process.
- Allow 10 days to process the application.
- Check your child's Application Status
- If you have children currently receiving free or reduced-price meals in a GCPS school, your kindergartner may be eligible for free or reduced-price meals for the first 30 days of school while your child’s application is being processed, please fill out the Kindergarten Sibling Form.
Manage Your Child’s Meals
Our School Nutrition Program is self-supporting and receives no local tax dollars. The financial health of our program depends on parents keeping accounts up to date. We encourage parents to pre-pay to ensure their child’s account always has funds to cover meals. You can pre-pay by the week, by the month, or for the entire year.
- With MyPaymentsPlus you can make payments directly to your child’s account using the Internet.
- If you send a check, please write your child’s full name and account number in the memo area of the check.
- If you send cash, place the cash in a sealed envelope and write your child’s full name, Student ID number, and the amount of cash sent on the front of the envelope.
- If you are sending money in for more than one child, include the information for each child.
Kindergarten Sibling Form
If you have children currently receiving free or reduced-price meals in a Gwinnett County school, your kindergartner may be eligible for free or reduced-price meals for the first 30 days of school while your child’s application is processed. Please list the names of siblings currently receiving free or reduced-price meals by filling out the Kindergarten Sibling Form.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.