The Gwin Oaks Family Legacy Center
About the Family Legacy Center
What is new?
What is the Gwin Oaks Family Legacy Center?
The Legacy Center is a resource center for Gwin Oaks parents and students. When the Legacy Center is open, parents and students may check out games and resources to help students practice grade-level skills.
When is the Legacy Center open?
Mondays: 10:45 AM-12:45 PM
Tuesdays: 12:00-2:00 PM
Wednesdays: 10:45 AM-12:45 PM
Thursdays: 12:00-2:00 PM
Closed on Fridays
Where is the Legacy Center?
The Legacy Center is just inside the front door of the school, near Mrs. Miller’s desk.
Who can visit the Legacy Center?
Gwin Oaks parents and students may visit to check out materials if the family fills out a form promising to care for any item that they check out. Return the form to the classroom teacher.
Why do we have a Legacy Center?
The congregation of Cannon United Methodist Church donated the money to open the Legacy Center in 2013. Donations from the annual Gwin Oaks Talent Show in February help to maintain the Legacy Center. Claire Collins, Music Specialist, manages the Legacy Center. Volunteers from Cannon Church work in the Legacy Center each week.
Important things to remember:
- Students may check out one item at a time.
- Students may keep an item for one week.
- Students and parents should check that all items are placed carefully back in the box before returning.
- If an item is lost or damaged, the family must pay the replacement cost.
- If you would like to donate brand new games or games that contain all of the pieces, you may bring those donations to the school and leave them for Claire Collins
Questions? Contact Claire Collins.