We know that families want easy access and one, go-to location for need-to-know information about their student's education— from records to resources. Just as important, you want an easy way to stay in touch with the school. The Updated Parent Portal gives parents access to grades, assignments, and communication with teachers. The Parent Portal gives families a direct line to the classroom, with 24/7 real-time information and anytime, anywhere access, with in-portal translation in multiple languages.
What is the Parent Portal?
Gwinnett County Public Schools' Parent Portal offers parents and guardians online, timely, and secure access to their child's grades and attendance. It also includes details on your child's discipline record and test history. In a nutshell, the Parent Portal is an easy-to-use communication tool that will allow you to take an even more active role in your child's education.
What information and tools can I access through the Parent Portal?
- Find grades for projects, tests, homework, and quizzes for current courses, including missing work.
- Access an overview of your student’s grades, attendance, discipline record, and program information.
- See your student’s course history.
- Review your student’s results on standardized tests, with links to more information about the tests.
- See summary information about your student’s library materials and textbooks (and any related fines or refunds).
- Find your student’s bus route information.
- Check the current balance in your student’s MyPaymentsPlus account.
- Email your child’s teacher directly from the portal.
- Your child's attendance can be checked.
- Parents and guardians now can update some of their child’s information on the portal.
Are grades posted for all grade levels and for all classes?
Current grades for students in grades K–12 will be posted daily as they are updated by your child’s teacher(s). Historical course history is available for all grade levels.
Can I email my child's teacher through the portal?
Yes. You can email your child’s teacher through the portal. Emails from parents to teachers via the portal are limited to 500 characters. This function does not support graphics or attachments. Teacher replies are sent to the email address designated as your portal account user ID.
What should I do if I forget my user ID or password?
On the log-in page, click on the link labeled “Forgot username/password?”
Another page will display. Enter your email address. If the email address is on file for the student number, your account information will be emailed to you. If you are unable to reset your password after completing these steps, contact the Craig Elementary Front Office.
How can I edit information that GCPS has on file for my child?
TO CHANGE A PHONE NUMBER:
Parents may update this information by logging into their Parent Portal account. Then click on the My Account tab. Please click here for directions: Handout
TO CHANGE A STREET ADDRESS:
Please fill out the following Change of Address Form and return it with required documentation and proof of ID in the Front Office. (Forms of ID include a driver’s license, passport, etc. See list of possible Proof of Residency paperwork on the Change of Address Form.)
TO CHANGE AN EMAIL ADDRESS:
Please fill out the following Change of Email Address Form and return it with proof of ID to the Front Office.