Welcome to the Clinic!
Gwin Oaks Clinic will provide first aid if students become ill or injured during the day. The Clinic will contact the parent/guardian if the situation requires your immediate attention or medical emergency. Please make sure that all parent contact information is up-to-date with Gwin Oaks's Front Office. Clinic workers supervise the administration of medications, take temperatures, and administer emergency first aid when appropriate.
Guidelines for Medication Administration
For the safety of all students at our school, the following guidelines should be followed when requesting administration of medications at school:
- Only those medications required during school hours should be administered at school. Please check with your physician regarding the need for medications to be administered during school hours.
- All medications, both prescription and over-the-counter, must be accompanied by a completed Administration of Medication Request form and brought to school by an adult. Students may not transport medication to school.
- All medications must be in an original child-proof container. Prescription medications must be in their labeled prescription bottle. School staff will administer medication according to the directions on the label.
- Any medications remaining at the end of the school year must be picked up or school staff will dispose of them.
- Students may only carry medication as prescribed by law with the required documentation. Please check with our school clinic worker if your child needs to carry emergency medications with them.
Students may visit the clinic from 7:45 AM until 2:45 PM.
Always in need of:
- Sandwich size Ziploc bags (not slider) - To make ice packs