The purpose of the Brookwood Outdoor Club (BOC) is to promote health and fitness, and leadership among high school students. Participating in BOC is an exciting experience for anyone interested in the environment, adventure, physical wellness, and teamwork. It is a wonderful opportunity to see how the outdoor world can be a beautiful, and exciting place full of activities the develop healthy habits and strong character.
The specific goals of the Brookwood Outdoor Club are to:
- Develop leadership skills
- Strengthen the confidence of students in themselves and their abilities.
- Encourage members in the development of team and individual accomplishments.
- Develop character, prepare for useful citizenship and foster patriotism.
- Encourage scholarship and promote school loyalty.
- Assist students in the awareness of occupational goals.
- Facilitate the transition from school to work.
To join the club, sign up on mypaymentsplus.com to pay an activity fee of $20 (includes performance T-shirt) and please print and sign the membership form and bring it to A-105.
Activities in the past are:
Hiking at Panther Creek, Stone Mountain, Arabia, Ft. Yargo; camping at Chattooga River; caving at Petit John's Cave; Lock-in at Adrenaline Climbing; Zip-lining at Treetop Quest; Kayaking down the Broad River. Watch the scrolling announcements in the Commons for updates on meetings and sign up for our Remind!
Faculty Advisor: Mrs. Carrie Settles Livers
For more information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org