Breakfast is served from 8:20 a.m. to 8:50 a.m.
No “fast food” or carbonated drinks may be brought to school.
For safety and liability reasons, students are not allowed to use microwaves and staff members cannot heat food items for students.
No parent lunch visitation during the months of August and May, during testing periods, or any other day as designated by the school. Please check the school calendar regularly for updates.
Special Diets & Allergens
If your child has any dietary restrictions or allergens, please inform their teacher and the Clinic Worker.
- Regular breakfast costs $1.50
- Reduced breakfast costs $0.30
- Regular lunch costs $2.25
- Reduced lunch costs $0.40
You may pay for meals at the school, or you may place money in your child’s account using check or credit card by visiting the MyPaymentsPlus website.
Your children may qualify for free meals or for reduced price meals. Click here for more information and to access the application. Applications should be completed each year and are available in the Front Office and in the Cafeteria.
GCPS uses the following procedure regarding school meal charges.
- Elementary school students will be allowed to charge up to $11.25.
- When a student forgets or loses money, they may charge lunch for that day. Payment is expected the following day.
- Charges are not allowed for supplemental or a la carte items.
- Once the charge limit has been met, the student may receive a designated alternate meal at no charge as defned by the School Nutrition Program.
- A charge notice will be completed for each occurrence and notifcation will be sent home to the parent/guardian through the student.
- Additionally, once the charge limit has been met the parent/guardian will be notifed by the local school via phone call and/or email.
- Charging for meals will not be allowed after Thursday, April 30, 2019.
- The charge policy will be communicated to parents and students via the Student/Parent Handbook, SNP and local school websites, and letter.
- No charges are allowed for breakfast meals. You may send cash or a check (with your phone number written on it) to cover the cost of meals. You may pay online at the MyPaymentsPlus website with a debit or credit card.
Chesney Elementary School offers healthy meals every day. This institution is an equal opportunity provider.