Our Mission, Vision, and Beliefs
The mission of Coleman Middle School is to provide students with rigorous and innovative learning opportunities using Project/Problem Based Learning (PBL) which promote collaboration, critical thinking, community, and creativity.
The vision of Coleman Middle School is to become a student-focused community which promotes life-long learning and real-world problem solving through the integration of Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math in a global learning community.
- We believe all students can be successful through the implementation of our instructional framework.
- We believe, with support from faculty, parents, and our community, students will be empowered to take risks.
- We believe in using interests, strengths, and talents to encourage and support learning through the 5 E approach—engage, explore, explain, extend, evaluate.
- We believe cultivating a positive learning environment in every classroom is critical.
- We believe in building life-long learners—including students, parents, teachers, and the community – through the STEAM experience.
- We believe all teachers and students are innovators.