School councils are advisory bodies. The council shall provide advice and recommendations to the school principal related to student achievement and school improvement.
The members of the school council are accountable to the constituents they serve and shall:
- Regularly participate in council meetings;
- Maintain a school-wide perspective on issues;
- Participate in information and training programs;
- Act as a link between the school council and the community;
- Encourage the participation of parents and others within the school community; and
- Work to improve student achievement and performance.
Please e-mail Dr. Mozley (JW.Mozley@gcpsk12.org) by August 27 if you would like to serve on Coleman's School Council.
- September 14, 9 am, Duluth High (cluster training)
- November 8, 6 pm, Coleman Middle
- February 28, 6 pm, Coleman Middle
- April 18, 6 pm, Coleman Middle
We will have a virtual option for those school council members who can’t attend in person.