School councils are advisory bodies. The council shall provide advice and recommendations to the school principal related to student achievement and school improvement.
The members of the school council are accountable to the constituents they serve and shall:
- Regularly participate in council meetings;
- Maintain a school-wide perspective on issues;
- Participate in information and training programs;
- Act as a link between the school council and the community;
- Encourage the participation of parents and others within the school community; and
- Work to improve student achievement and performance.
Please e-mail Dr. Hernandez (Gypsy.Hernandez@gcpsk12.org) if you would like to serve on Coleman's School Council.
- Important Dates and Information:
- Local School Council Nominations will go out on the Coleman Connection on 8/26/2022
- Local School Council Elections will take place via the Coleman Connection on 9/2/2022
- 2022-2023 Meetings:
- 9/13 9AM at Duluth HS
- 11/28; 2/27; 4/24 6PM at Coleman