The DMS cheer squad is an organization that brings DMS students together to serve as role models for their fellow peers as well as to bring and maintain school spirit for the DMS community. Cheerleading builds teamwork, responsibility, community, and spirit. Your goal as a cheerleader will be to hone in on these skills and make DMS a fun and spirited place for all students.
8th-grade girls & boys try out for a position on the squad & cheer for DMS basketball games.
2-3 days per week from 4:30 – 6:00 pm – Days TBD
In order to try out, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must have proof of insurance and showing good progress in academics and behavior during the first 9 weeks of this school year
- You must have passed 5 out of 6 classes in the spring semester of 7th grade
- You must not be a retainee
- You must not be a transition student
- You must have an active physical from a doctor (forms can be picked up in the front office). Physicals are good for one year (June 10-June 11, etc.)
Katia M. G.