Dr. Boyers' Message
It is an honor to serve the Sugar Hill family as Principal for the 22-23 school year. Sugar Hill Elementary is a large school with a small town feel. Many of our staff members have served at Sugar Hill for most or all of their careers. Many of our current students have parents that attended Sugar Hill as a child. Sugar Hill started as a two room schoolhouse in 1915. One of the things that makes Sugar Hill unique is the love the staff, parents, and community have for the students.
At Sugar Hill Elementary, our mission is to develop the whole child so they become academic leaders, critical thinkers, and compassionate global citizens. This year our staff theme is “Up for the Challenge!” We will focus on five critical areas as we strive to help each and every student reach their full potential.
- Cultural Competence - We plan on celebrating the diversity of our student body through multicultural nights and increasing multilingual resources.
- Staff and Student Well-Being - We’ll add additional clubs, parent workshops, a student principal advisory committee, and provide staff training on temperments.
- Multi-Tiered System of Supports - We’re adding an enrichment and remedial block called Roundup to the master schedule, relaunching the Half Hour Heroes Mentor Program, increasing the number of English Language and Early Intervention teachers, and growing our resources to support more students.
- Opportunity and Access - We’re adding a weekly early learning program called Play 2 Learn for children ages 0-5, increasing the number of Gifted certified teachers, permitting students in grades 3-5 to take Chromebooks home nightly, improving access to hands-on science resources for teachers, and emphasizing learning through play during kindergarten morning work.
- Preferred Education Destination - Our office staff will study organizations that demonstrate high levels of customer service, we’re revamping our social media pages to communicate more effectively, we will continue partnerships with Georgia Gwinnett College and University of North Georgia, and provide professional development to teachers through a cluster vertical team.
As principal of Sugar Hill Elementary, I’m excited to help students LEARN what it takes to be productive and successful members of society, LEAD others with compassion and empathy, and SUCCEED in whatever future endeavors they choose to pursue.
Thank you for choosing Sugar Hill Elementary. We are proud to be a part of the Lanier Cluster and Sugar Hill, Georgia!
Degrees and Certifications:
Dr. Nick Boyers
Bachelor of Science: Taylor University
Masters: Walden University
Specialist: Georgia State University
Doctorate: Georgia State University
Email: Dr. Nick Boyers