Welcome to the Media Center
Welcome to Berkeley Lake Elementary School’s Media Center!
My name is Mrs. Norby, and I am your school media specialist! I am looking forward to getting to know each of you this school year and sharing many books and resources with you all! Mrs. Bingham, our media clerk, and I cannot wait to get books into your hands this school year!
To support the Mission of Berkeley Lake Elementary School by providing a secure and stimulating environment where students can attain their fullest potential academically, socially, and emotionally.
To support the Vision of Berkeley Lake Elementary School by:
- Being life-long learners to support student achievement
- Providing materials and experiences that meet our students' needs
- Assessing how best to provide the services that our students need
- Valuing students' potential to become life-long learners
- Supporting and embracing the cultural diversity of our student community
- Promoting student responsibility
- Recognizing that parental responsibility is an integral part of a student's growth
- Inviting and welcoming parental communication and involvement
Media Center Phone number: 770-582-7520
Niki Norby, Media Specialist
Mrs. Norby joined the BLES Media Center in 2020 as the Media Specialist. Prior to that, she worked at BLES as the Stellar Sub. She earned her Bachelor’s degree in Mass Communication from Georgia College and her Master’s degree in Library Media from Georgia College.
Mrs. Norby has always had a close connection with the BLES community. In fact, she is one of our BLES Student Alumni!
Colette Bingham, Media Clerk
Ms. Bingham joined the BLES media center in the fall of 2019, but has been an active member of the Berkeley Lake community for many years - serving as a lunch monitor and a parent volunteer.
Ms. Bingham loves working with the students of Berkeley Lake, and helping connect them with that just right book!