Leslie Greer, Media Specialist
Sandy Blagg, Media Clerk
8:55 AM - 3:55 PM
Media Center MissionThe mission of the Media Center is to support and augment the AKS, promote lifelong learning and reading for pleasure.
Media Center Procedures
- Students are welcome to use the Media Center for research for class assignments.
- Students may check out three books for two weeks.
- Students may check out one magazine for one week in lieu of one a book. Only one magazine may be checked out at a time.
- Any overdue items must be returned before a student can check out another item.
- Overdue notices will be sent to the homeroom teacher weekly. Overdue notices will also be emailed to parents weekly.
- Lost books must be paid for before a student may check out another book. Hardcover books cost $20 and paperback books cost $10 to replace. Magazines are $10 if lost.
- Students should first use the subscription databases through My eCLASS for research projects. These are provide by GCPS free of charge for student use.