ARCHER ATTENDANCE PROTOCOL
- If your child is absent from or tardy to school, he/she will need a detailed excused note. No child can be checked out after 1:45 p.m.
- The state only accepts 8 reasons for being tardy or absent from school. Notes excusing an absence must come to the attendance office using the form provided below.
A hand-written note will only be accepted if contains the following information:
- The name of the student with ID number
- The reason for the absence
- The date(s) of the absence
- A parent contact phone number
- A parent signature
ATTENDANCE EXCUSE FORM
Filling out and turning in the Archer Attendance Excuse Form will help ensure that the student's absence is properly coded in our records.
PRE-ARRANGED STUDENT ABSENCES
All students are expected to be in school and/or class on time. This means being inside the classroom before the tardy bell begins to ring. If a student is not in the classroom on time, they should go directly to the Attendance Office, where a tardy slip will be issued. Students will be given a warning for the first three tardies. After the third unexcused tardy, students will be disciplined according to a heirarchy of consequences assigned by the administration. Tardies are cumulative, and not totaled on a class-by-class basis. Tardies are monitored per semester.
No student will be admitted to a class after the bell rings without a yellow tardy slip or an admit form from an administrator, counselor, or clerical staff member.