Dual Enrollment information for the 24-25 school year will be coming soon!
2023-2024 Dual Enrollment Participation Information
Please see the information below for information about how we will proceed with the dual enrollment (DE) process for students interested in participating in DE for the 2023-2024 school year.
Students wishing to participate in dual enrollment for the 23-24 school year must complete the following steps:
1) Complete the following google form (must be logged into your GCPS account): Dual Enrollment Interest Form
2) Complete the permission form and turn into the counseling office: Dual Enrollment Permission Form
The above two steps are both due by JANUARY 13. No exceptions! This does NOT commit you to doing dual enrollment, just expresses that you want to continue with the process. If you are on the fence, please go ahead and fill out the two forms above. You can always back out of the process if you decide it is not right for you.
What Happens after this?
1) Group Information Meetings with Students: Beginning the week of January 23rd, I will pull students in groups to go over the next steps in detail. We will discuss application procedures, types of classes, options they can take advantage of, how scheduling works, testing, and more.
2) Individual Meetings with Students: In late January/early February, I will begin meeting with students individually who wish to continue along in the process. In this meeting, students will discuss with me and (tentatively) determine the classes they wish to take within dual enrollment.
3) More Meetings!: In February and March, I will hold groups to offer application assistance, GA Futures application assistance, and scheduling assistance.
4) College Orientation: Once accepted by the college, colleges will send students orientation information to the student's college email account. Please follow the steps to attend orientation, as this is a CRUCIAL part of the process. You will typically register for classes at that time.
5) Schedules: Turn in college schedule to Mrs. Ludewig. This is also super important, as your Fall 2023 CHHS schedule will NOT be changed until I have your college schedule.
Please see the links below for general information regarding the Dual Enrollment program.
The file below is a copy of the presentation from Dual Enrollment night
Dual Enrollment Night Presentation 23-24
The video below is the narrated video from Dual Enrollment night
Dual Enrollment Night Presentation 23-24 - NARRATED