Collins Hill Clinic
Hours and Contact Information
Clinic school workers are available to assist students between the hours of 7:10 AM and 2:10 PM.
They can be reached by calling the main office of the school at 770-682-4100.
Check Out Policy
The clinic is available for illnesses or injuries that occur during school hours. Students must have a valid pass before coming to the clinic. If a student is too ill to remain at school, a parent/guardian will be contacted to pick his/her child up. The clinic must get parent/guardian permission before releasing any student to anyone other than the parent/guardian unless it is an emergency.
For the safety of all students at our school, the following guidelines should be followed when requesting administration of medications at school:
- Only those medications required during school hours should be administered at school. Please check with your physician regarding the need for medications to be administered during school hours.
- All medications, both prescription and over-the-counter, must be accompanied by a completed Administration of Medication Request form and brought to the school clinic by an adult. Students may not transport medications to school.
- All medications must be in an original child-proof container. Prescription medications must be in their labeled prescription bottle. School staff will only administer medication according to the directions on the label.
- Any medications remaining at the end of the school year must be picked up or school staff will dispose of them.
- Students may only carry medication as prescribed by law with the required documentation. Please check with our school clinic worker if your child needs to carry emergency medications with them.
Health Management Plans
If it has been indicated that a student has a current medical problem, a completed health management plan should be on file in the clinic. These forms help provide the medical information needed to best care for your child while at school and they must be updated each school year. These forms are available in the clinic.
Epinephrine (Epi-pen) is a cardiac drug and must be stored in the clinic. Students carrying an Epi-pen throughout the day must have an Allergy plan signed by a parent/guardian and a physician, on file in the clinic. These forms are available in the clinic.
Students carrying prescribed inhalers throughout the day must have an Asthma Action plan signed by a parent/guardian and a physician, on file in the clinic. The form is available in the clinic.