• History of Taylor Elementary School

  • Taylor has been led by three principles over the past 22 years.

     
    1997 – 2006
    Dr. Jerry Lehner
     
    2006 – 2011
    Mrs. Sandee Williams
     
    2011 - present
    Mrs. Paula Cobb 
     
  • K.E. Taylor Elementary School was established in 1997.  K.E. Taylor Elementary School was named after Kope Elise (K.E.) Taylor.  In 1924, K.E. Taylor was voted to the office of Gwinnett County School Superintendent.  He took office in January 1925, and remained in office until his death in January 1933.
     
    K.E. Taylor Elementary School is part of the Collins Hill School Cluster, which includes:   McKendree Elementary School, Rock Springs Elementary School, Walnut Grove Elementary School, Creekland Middle School and Collins Hill High School.  K.E. Taylor Elementary School was originally planned as a replacement school for Dyer Elementary School. Later it became a relief school for students from Walnut Grove Elementary School, Dyer Elementary School, McKendree Elementary School.
  • Quick Facts

     
    School Colors
    Green, Black and White
     
    School Mascot
    Eagles
     
    Current Enrollment
    840 students