We are so happy to have you! New student registration is open for the 2022-2023 school year.
Registration is online only (not face-to-face)
- Registration is open for the 2022-2023 school year.
- Click here to register online.
- Click here if you already have a parent portal account.
When you are registering online, below is a list of the documents required to complete the registration process. If you cannot scan these documents for upload, click HERE to schedule an appointment to complete the registration process.
- Proof of student's age: Please upload ONE of the following documents:
- a certified copy of a birth certificate
- a federal, state, or county document with the date of birth
Examples include a certified, hospital-issued birth record of a birth certificate; military ID; valid driver's license; passport; adoption record or official immigration document
- The person authorized to enroll must upload ONE of the following:
- Valid driver’s license
- Valid state ID card
- Valid passport
- Other valid photo ID
- TWO proofs of residency are required to be uploaded. One must be a current utility bill (water, gas, or electric only). The second proof of residency must be one of the following:
- a non-contingent sales contract
- a current lease/rental agreement
- a current mortgage statement
- most recent income tax return
- current paycheck stub
- current residential property tax statement or bill
- closing disclosure
- current homeowner’s insurance statement
Documents uploaded for residency verification must include the same address as the accompanying utility bill. If you reside with others in their home, a Notarized Residency Affidavit must be submitted along with the two proofs of residency. In this instance, the two proofs of residency must be in the name of the person signing the Residency Affidavit.
- In addition to the TWO proofs of residency, if you reside with another person and you are submitting a Residency Affidavit, a piece of business mail at the current address, in the enrolling parent’s name, must be uploaded.
- Georgia Immunization Form 3231 must be uploaded
- Georgia Hearing/Vision/Dental/Nutrition form 3300 must be uploaded
- Student’s Social Security Card must be uploaded (if number is provided in online registration)
- Proof of custody/guardianship (if applicable)
Kindergarten Registration Information
WHO: Parents or guardians of rising kindergartners—children who will be five years old on or before September 1, 2022.
HOW: Much of the registration process, including the uploading of documents needed for registration, will be completed online. Most document attachments (PDF, JPG, DOC, PNG, etc.) are compatible. The file-size limit is 2 MB. Click HERE to get started.
Kindergarten Registration for the 2023-2024 School Year
Kindergarten registration for the 2023-2024 school year opens on April 20th.
In-person Kindergarten registration for incoming Kindergarten students will take place on April 20th from 8:30am- 12:00pm and 4:00-7:00pm at Alcova Elementary.
Appointments are not needed for this day. Students do need to attend this registration event. Students will be given the Kindergarten Placement Test during this time. We look forward to seeing you and your child.
- Kindergarten at Alcova ES
- What You Need for Online Registration
- What to Expect When Your Child is a Kindergartner
- How to Prepare for a Great Kindergarten Experience
- Phone List of GCPS Elementary Schools
- Count Up to Kindergarten...a guide to year-by-year milestones for ages 1-5
- Getting Ready for Kindergarten
- Summer Learning at Home for Rising Kindergartners
- 2021-22 School Year Calendar
- Welcome to Kindergarten and the School Nutrition Program
- Health Department Information
- Find My School
- Dual Language Immersion (DLI) in GCPS
- Learn about Gwinnett's Academic Knowledge and Skills (AKS) curriculum and access the current AKS brochure for kindergarten.
- Ask ROVER to "fetch" a birth record for a child born in Georgia.
Registration Information for 2021 - 2022
- Required Documents (Translations: 中文, 한국어, Español, Tiếng Việt)
- New Student Registration Guide (Translations: 中文, 한국어, Español, Tiếng Việt)
- Medical Forms