Welcome to the DMS Media Center
Media Center MissionThe mission of the Media Center is to support and augment the AKS, promote lifelong learning and reading for pleasure.
Media Center Procedures
- Students are welcome to use the Media Center for research for class assignments.
- Students may check out three books for two weeks.
- Students may check out one magazine for one week in lieu of one a book. Only one magazine may be checked out at a time.
- Any overdue items must be returned before a student can check out another item.
- Overdue notices will be sent to the homeroom teacher weekly. Overdue notices will also be emailed to parents weekly.
- Lost books must be paid for before a student may check out another book. Hardcover books cost $20 and paperback books cost $10 to replace. Magazines are $10 if lost.
- Students should first use the subscription databases through My eCLASS for research projects. These are provide by GCPS free of charge for student use.