Baccalaureate is on May 3, 2020 at 2:00 p.m. at Mount Zion Church in Snellville. This is an optional ceremony for graduating seniors to celebrate their accomplishments. No tickets are needed for this event – family and friends are welcome to attend.
Baccalaureate refers to a non-denominational ceremony held a few days before high school or college graduation. Unlike the massive commencement exercises held in stadiums or arenas, baccalaureate ceremonies offer a quieter, more intimate opportunity to pause and reflect on this rite of passage, hear faculty members offer advice to the graduating class and enjoy students' musical talents.
Families usually dress up for this event, which typically runs about an hour, and bring cameras to take photographs afterward. Many families hold their graduation parties later the same day. Graduation day itself tends to be too full, and tickets to the graduation ceremony are limited. Baccalaureate does not require tickets for entrance.
Seniors wear their caps and gowns to Baccalaureate.
Graduate (seniors) Entrance Map
Check back for this in the spring
- Seniors will arrive two hours before the ceremony.
- Doors open for family and friends one hour before the ceremony.
- Seating is not assigned (first come; first serve).
- Handicap seating is available
Location: Infinite Energy Arena (formerly known as Gwinnett Arena)
Directions for Seniors:
- Do not bring in cell phones. They will be confiscated. Those confiscated will be available for pick up at GHS after Memorial Day. The only items seniors may bring into the arena are cap, gown, and one car key. Please do not wear your gown in - simply drape over your arm. You can put on the gown after you go through security.
- Do not decorate your caps/gowns. All caps and gowns must be plain.
- Dress Appropriately
Any color dress pants or khakis (no joggers nor pants with elastic at the bottom)
Any color dress shoes; Leather Sperry or Sperry-like shoes are allowed
NO jeans, tennis shoes, or flip flops
A dress or dress pants
Flats or low heels are recommended for comfort - you will be standing a long time. Be sure to break-in shoes. There will be lots of walking. Consider wearing the shoes to last day of finals or graduation practice.
NO jewelry (or anything hanging out of the gown)
NO jeans, tennis shoes, or flip flops
Graduation Practice Guidelines
- Mandatory to walk in the ceremony
- Do not bring your cap & gown to the practice.
- Practice Date will announced soon
- Meet in Grayson's Commons
- Dress code is still enforced.
General Graduation Information
- In order for your child to participate in the graduation ceremony, they MUST be in attendance at graduation practice (time TBA). By practice, all senior dues and all outstanding school fees (parking, library, textbooks, etc.) must have been paid.
- Tickets: We will give each senior (who has paid dues) the same amount of graduation tickets. We hope to give out 12 per senior. If your family does not need all the tickets please share with other seniors’ families. Tickets will be given out at the senior breakfast in May. Seniors will need to show a photo ID and sign for their tickets. If a senior cannot attend the breakfast, they may pick up their tickets before or after school from Mrs. Beck. If you have a large family or many family friends, please consider holding a graduation party to celebrate with these extended loved ones or please feel free to invite them to our Baccalaureate service.
- Notes for seniors about graduation: Be aware of traffic and how it will affect your travel time. The only items seniors may bring into the arena are cap, gown, and one car key. If other items are brought in they will be will be collected and can be picked up at the school during the week of following graduation, this includes cell phones. We recommend leaving all other belongings at home or in your car to save you the time of having to retrieve them from school at a later date. Before graduation, you should remove your cap and gown and hang it up (most of the wrinkles will fall out). Only use a cool iron if necessary. The students’ attire at graduation is very important. All gowns will be green. They must have on appropriate dress shoes – this can include dressy sandals, but no flip flops. We strongly recommend comfortable dress shoes as you will be standing in the tunnels of the Arena for over an hour. The boys must wear khaki or dark dress pants (no jeans), a dress shirt, and appropriate dress shoes. No tennis shoes or tennis shoe like apparel will be allowed for boys or girls. All students will walk into the Arena with cap and gown in hand so that clothing can be checked. Students will recess out of the arena. People attending graduation are asked to WAIT in their seats and not block the aisles until the graduates have recessed out. It is strongly recommended that families arrange a meeting place outside the arena for after graduation. This will save a tremendous amount of time in trying to find each other. If there is an issue with behavior during the ceremony from students are attendees, then they will be escorted out of the arena. Also, remember to write your name inside your graduation cap. Caps can NOT be decorated for the ceremony.
- Each graduating senior will each receive 12 tickets.
- Must show picture I.D. to receive tickets.
- Infinite Arena’s policy is “children under 24 months do not require a ticket to enter. However, in order for a child to have his/her own seat, a ticket is required.”
- All seating is first come first serve.
- Tickets will be distributed at Senior Breakfast on May 14, 2020 for those meeting requirements (see below). Lost, damaged, and/or stolen tickets will not be replaced. No extra tickets will be available. If you need extras, you will need to ask fellow graduates.
- Must have paid Senior Dues.
- Graduation tickets can be withheld from seniors who are not on track to graduate, have outstanding books, fees, fines, and/or items.
Practice is held in the Grayson High School commons. Practice is MANDATORY for ALL seniors who wish to participate in the graduation ceremony. Practice is usually 2 to 3 hours. Please allow time for you to be there the entire time. Seniors will NOT wear their cap and gowns. They should dress according to school dress code. The time and date will be announced as soon as the graduation date is released.
Items for Purchase (yard signs, announcements, yearbook ads, etc.)
Yearbook Ads - must be submitted online by Nov. 1st.
Remind Sign Up / Announcements
Sign Up For Remind by LAST NAME
Get mobile app notifications.
Download the mobile app for iOS and Android devices and create a new account (or log in if you already have one.) To join a class, tap the + by Classes Joined and either join with your class code (listed under the section of the alphabet - begins with @) or search for your class. You'll automatically get app notifications. Please sign up according to last name.
GHS Senior Class A-B
GHS Senior Class C-E
GHS Senior Class F-H
GHS Senior Class I-L
GHS Senior Class M-O
GHS Senior Class P – S
GHS Senior Class T- Z
Senior dues are currently $160. If you need a payment plan, please have your student see Mrs. Beck in room 1.300 before or after school or email Jenny_Beck@gwinnett.k12.ga.us.
Dues cover cap, gown, tassel, graduation (rental of the arena), diploma, diploma cover, senior t-shirt, senior picnic, locker boards, senior breakfasts, and other senior events.
Please pay dues at www.gabalfour.com. You will look under products and services and then click cap and gown/graduation fees.
Senior Letters are when you ask family, friends, and any other significant people in the child’s life to write them a letter about how proud they are of them, etc. The number of letters does not matter. You will need to gather the letters and bring them to the school (front office) or mail them to the school to the attention of Angel Greene. Make sure that the senior’s name is clearly marked on the outside of every envelope. Please note, this is for letters only. No packages, money, or anything of monetary value should be sent. If there is a VERY special letter for your student, you might want to keep it and present to the student at home. Each year some letters will get misplaced or lost by accident. Senior letters are due Tuesday, April 7th.
Grayson High School
Attention: Angel Greene for: (senior’s name)
50 Hope Hollow Road
Loganville, GA 30052
Information available in spring
Senior Week / Locker Boards
DATES ARE TENTATIVE - WILL BE FINALIZED BY SEPTEMBER
April 13 - 17th: Senior Week.
Friday, April 17th: Senior picnic on football field during 5th and 6th period. Senior letters and yard signs will be distributed. Parent volunteers are needed for this event. If you can volunteer, please email Jenny_Beck@gwinnett.k12.ga.us
Tuesday, April 21st: Locker Board Night - see below for more information
Tuesday, April 28th: Senior Dinner in commons area from 6:30pm – 8:00pm. You must purchase a $5 ticket by April 22nd to attend. You must bring your ticket and picture ID to dinner. The catered dinner is casual dress and for seniors only. There are GREAT door prizes. Tickets will be available on my payments plus and sold at lunches the week of April 20th - April 22nd.
Locker Board night is Tuesday, April 21st from 5:00 – 6:30pm. Please ask your senior for his/her locker number and combination (if you would like to leave anything in the locker). Seniors who share a locker or without a locker will hang their boards on the art bulletin boards. Please securely attach strong magnets (with hot glue, if possible) to your locker board BEFORE you get to the school. Instructions will be given out with boards at breakfast in March.
What are Locker Boards?
On Tuesday, April 21st, parents enter the school with a decorated locker board filled with pictures and other paraphernalia which celebrates their senior and his/her accomplishments. Some parents even leave treats and small gifts in the lockers. Students love walking into school the next day to find their lockers decked-out by their parents.
Locker Decoration Basics
• Locker decorations may be hung from 5:00 – 6:30PM on Tuesday, April 21st
• If students do not have a locker, parents can still decorate a board and hang it in a designated area in the main hallway.
• BOARDS NEED TO BE DECORATED BEFORE THEY ARE BROUGHT TO THE SCHOOL! Please put your student's name and locker number on the back of the strip. If you want to place any items in the locker, then please get the combination from your student.
• Locker boards are to be hung up using magnets. Parents must provide their own magnets and attach ahead of time. Parents will need to attach magnets to the back of the locker board (we suggest small round magnets attached with hot glue) before they arrive on locker board night. Parents might also want to test if the magnets will hold by using a refrigerator or a metal door.
SENIOR LOCKER GUIDELINES
• Don’t attach locker boards to lockers with any type of tape or glue, only use magnets! Parents are responsible for having the magnets and attaching them before you arrive.
• Don't use confetti or anything that will fall out of the locker when opened!
• Don't place anything on the wall above the lockers.
• Don't use irreplaceable photos on the board. (make copies)
• Don't include pictures of students in bikinis or provocative clothing!
• Use magnets to attach the locker board. Small round magnets hot glued to the back will work best. Please attach all magnets before you arrive at school. Magnets and other items will NOT be supplied.
• Be sure the locker boards follow Gwinnett county guidelines and pictures are appropriate (no nudity, profanity, alcohol, drugs, etc.).
• Decorate the locker assigned to your senior and on record with the school. Make sure the locker number your student gives you is the one assigned to them.
• Students tend to swap lockers without notifying us. You can check your locker number when you arrive to decorate.
• Some parents wish to laminate their strips to protect them. This can be done at copy shops for a nominal amount.
• Sometimes parents leave small gifts inside the locker. This is completely up to you but please make sure these are little and inexpensive items. Please make sure to get the combination from your student.
• Decorate the correct side of the strip! On one side of the strip, you will see Top/Back written. This indicates the top and back of your strip. This will make sure that you have the pictures and decorations on the correct side.
Yearbook / Senior Pictures
ONE FINAL chance for yearbook pictures for seniors - Wednesday 10/30 from 2:30 - 4:00 in the GHS media center. You must arrive by 3:30. Sitting fee information is in link in the following paragraph
Missed senior pictures over the summer? Make up dates will be September 19th and September 26th in the media center at GHS from 2:20 - 5:00 PM.
The last opportunity for pictures will be on Sat. October 5th from 10AM - 2PM at MOUNTAIN VIEW High School. If you do NOT have your picture taken by this date, your picture can NOT be in the yearbook. You must have sat for a senior picture with Magic Moments over the summer or one of these dates to be included in the yearbook.
Yearbook Ads information can be found under Items for Purchase.
April 11, 2020
7:00 PM - 11:00 PM Prom
April 13, 2020
April 14, 2020
April 15, 2020
April 16, 2020
April 17, 2020
12:15 PM - 2:10 PM Senior Picnic
April 21, 2020
5:00 PM - 6:30 PM Locker Board Night
April 28, 2020
6:30 PM - 8:00 PM Senior Dinner
May 3, 2020
2:00 PM - 3:00 PM Baccalaureate
May 14, 2020
6:30 AM Graduation Ticket Distribution