What is Title 1?
- Title I is one of the largest federal assistance programs for schools
- As a Title I School, we receive funds from the federal government to provide additional resources to assist with the education of our students most at risk of not meeting state academic standards.
- Funds received are based upon the number of students in our school receiving free or reduced price lunch.
- The Title I funds received by our school are used to supplement the state and local funds allocated to our school.
- Funds are also used to support parents by offering workshops and other opportunities to increase parental involvement in their child’s education.
Berkeley Lake Elementary School funds a School-wide program
- While an emphasis is placed on students at risk of not meeting academic standards, all students at the school benefit from Title I funds.
- The goal of our Title I Program is to ensure every child is able to learn and perform at levels that meet or exceed the state academic standards.
- Teacher salaries, materials, equipment, professional learning, and extended learning time programs that are funded through Title I benefit all students and parents.
- For more information about Title I and Gwinnett County Public Schools, please visit the Gwinnett County Public Schools website.
BLES Title I Planning Committee
Several times throughout the school year the Title I Planning Committee meets to review and update the Berkeley Lake ES Title I budget, School-wide plan and Parent Involvement documents. If you would be interested in serving on this committee, please contact Angela Schoenknecht, Assistant Principal for Title I, at 770-446-0947 or Angela_Schoenknecht@gcpsk12.org
County Meeting Dates:
Parents Right to Know:
Parents have the right to request information about the degree and qualifications of their child's teacher(s) and paraprofessional(s), if applicable. Please refer to the GCPS Student-Parent Handbook or contact your school's principal for more information.
In addition to Title I documents being available on the BLES website, copies of the Berkeley Lake Elementary School Title I budget, School-wide Plan and Parent Involvement documents are also available in the office of Angela Schoenknecht, Assistant Principal for Title I, the Berkeley Lake Parent Center, as well as at the GCPS Instructional Support Center in the Federal and Special Programs/Title I office.
The Berkeley Lake Parent Center has materials for you to use at home to support your child's learning. The parent center is open each day from 7:30-3:30 and is located across from the front office. For Parent Center support please call Ms. Sandra Orci, Parent Liaison, at 678-291-4232.
If you should have any questions or concerns regarding Title 1, please contact Angela Schoenknecht, Assistant Principal for Title I, at 770-446-0947 or Angela_Schoenknecht@gcpsk12.org
Berkeley Lake Elementary Title I Documents
Gwinnett County Title I Handbook and Resources