How to Apply
Come and be a part of our award-winning team
To be considered for opportunities for all GCPS positions, the first step is the completion of the online application at our GCPS online application website. Log into our online application periodically to apply to new openings and update information.
Apply for a Teaching Position
If applying for a Teaching position, make sure all certification documentation is uploaded to your online application including Teaching Certificate, Content Tests, Program Admission (Basic Skills) (or exemption documentation), GACE Ethics Assessment(s), and all official college transcript(s). For additional information regarding GACE testing, please visit Georgia Assessments for the Certification of Educators website.
Apply for a Paraprofessional Position
If applying for a Paraprofessional position, eligibility requirements are to hold at least an Associate's degree or higher (any subject with coursework completed with a grade C or higher) OR complete two years of college coursework (60 semester hours with a grade of C or higher) OR hold a high school diploma/GED AND pass the GACE Paraprofessional Assessment. Please upload a copy of your official college transcript or upload a copy of your GACE Paraprofessional certificate. For GACE certificate information, visit GACE Paraprofessional Assessment.
Apply for a Leadership Position
- External Applicants must have two professional references from current/most recent principal and another administrator.
- Internal Applicants must have one professional reference completed by current principal.
- Resume must be submitted.
- Completion of the Web-based assessment.
- Applicants must furnish official transcripts that include a degree statement and the date the degree was conferred from all colleges attended. Internal applicants are not required to resubmit official transcripts already on file in Human Resources and Talent Management.
- Applicants must hold or be eligible to receive a valid Educational Leadership certificate issued by the Georgia Professional Standards Commission (GaPSC). Applicants holding professional educator certificates/licenses issued in another state, the District of Columbia, a U.S. territory, the Department of Defense Dependent Schools, or the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards must submit copies of the front and back of the certificates/licenses.
All Positions - Supervisory References Follow-up
The online application is self-managed. Please check periodically to make sure your 2 supervisory references read "complete" within your application.
- If you're a current teacher, please make sure we have your most recent principal reference, plus an additional reference from an Assistant Principal or Department Head.
- If student teaching or a recent graduate, we require a reference from your university supervisor and cooperating teacher.
- Non-traditional teaching candidates should request references from 2 most current supervisors.