What is the Teach Gwinnett Program?
Participants in the Teach Gwinnett program are full-time GCPS teachers, certified by the state of Georgia and earning a teacher salary at the provisional rate.
The Teach Gwinnett Program is an alternative preparation program for professionals looking to join Gwinnett County’s education system. Instead of a traditional, four year path to certification, the Teach Gwinnett program can prepare you for certification in 1-2 years, based on the state and local requirements. This teacher education program is designed to help you.
Interested in the Teach Gwinnett Program?
- Candidates must take and pass the GACE Assessments - See *Requirements for all Non-Education Majors to attain a Provisional Certificate.
- Candidates must have a job offer for a classroom position from GCPS that aligns with their certification.
- Candidates must be recommended for the Teach Gwinnett program by a GCPS Principal.
*Requirements for All Non-Education Majors to attain a Provisional Certificate:
- Create a MyPSC account (register at the Georgia Professional Standards Commission website)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Pass GACE Content Assessment (when applicable)
- Complete Georgia Educators Ethics Entry (360) Assessment
Questions? Ask us directly at email@example.com