What is the Teach Gwinnett Program?
Participants in the Teach Gwinnett program are full-time GCPS teachers, certified by the state of Georgia and earning a teacher salary at the provisional rate.
The Teach Gwinnett Program is an alternative preparation program for professionals looking to join Gwinnett County’s education system. Instead of a traditional, four year path to certification, the Teach Gwinnett program can prepare you for certification in 1-3 years, based on the state and local requirements. This teacher education program is designed to help you.
Requirements for All Non-Education Majors to attain a Provisional Certificate (IN4T Induction):
- Create a MyPSC account (register at the Georgia Professional Standards Commission website)
- Bachelor’s degree or higher with minimum 2.5 GPA from an accredited institution
- Complete or *exempt the GACE Program Admission Assessment (PAA)
- Pass GACE Content Assessment (when applicable)
- Complete Georgia Educators Ethics Entry (350) Assessment
*Exempt the PAA Requirements with One of the following:
- SAT 1000 (Math + Verbal) or
- ACT 43 (Math + Verbal) or
- GRE 1030 (Verbal + Quantitative) if taken before August 1, 2011
- GRE 297 (Verbal+Quantitative) if taken after August 1, 2011
Questions? Ask us directly at Teach_Gwinnett@gcpsk12.org