Our teachers and staff have been working diligently all year to equip Bay Creek Rams with the tools needed for success in all classes and to prepare them for a strong performance on the Georgia Milestones Assessment System End of Grade and Course Assessments.
Features of the Georgia Milestone Assessment System include:
- The Georgia Milestones Assessment System is a comprehensive summative assessment program spanning grades 3 through high school.
- Georgia Milestones measures how well students have learned the knowledge and skills outlined in the state-adopted content standards for each subject.
- Students in grades 6-8 will take an end-of-grade assessment in the content areas of language arts, and mathematics, while students in grade 8 will also be assessed in science and social studies.
- These tests are administered towards the end of the school year, typically in April or early May. Each school district selects a local testing window from within the state-designated time-frame to administer the end-of-grade measures.
- Open-ended (constructed-response) items in English Language Arts and Mathematics (all grades and courses);
- A writing component (in response to passages read by students) at every grade level and course within the English Language Arts assessment;
- Norm-referenced items in all content areas and courses, to complement the criterion-referenced information and to provide a national comparison;
- Technology-enhanced items including multiple parts/multiple answers, graphing, drag and drop; and
- Online administration considered the primary mode of administration and paper-pencil as back-up for those students with disabilities identified through the IEP or IAP process that do not allow them to access a computer or device.