Counseling Department DLD Resources
Please be advised that while school counselors do not provide therapy at schools as counselors, we are also not providing tele mental health counseling/ tele counseling*. We can communicate with students on platforms such as email and Google Meet for academic, college/career, and social/emotional development as outlined by American School Counseling Association standards. There are confidentiality limitations to speaking with students through email or Google Meet, such as unintended viewers or recipients.
What is considered confidential? All information except:
- Drug use, including alcohol
- Sexual or physical abuse
- That you may harm yourself or someone else
* Georgia requires that Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists, and Licensed Professional Counselors, who provide telemental health services, attend at least a 6 hour CE training on telemental health counseling.
GCPS does not endorse or recommend any of the agencies/resources listed on this website, as this list is for informational use only. Any fees incurred are the responsibility of the parent and/or student. This is not a complete list of resources or assistance available in Gwinnett or the Metro Atlanta Area. Please check with your insurance provider for referrals as well as with other sources of information for additional resources.
During digital learning, Gwinnett County School Counselors will continue supporting students' academic success, career development, and social-emotional growth, utilizing Zoom and Google Meet for individual meetings, conferences, presentations, groups, and classroom lessons/activities.
Please visit Archer's Counseling Staff page and click on the link to the appropriate counselor's page; use the calendar to schedule a virtual meeting with your child's counselor, a phone conference, or a virtual Parent/Teacher Conference. Once we receive your request, you will receive a confirmation email with the link to your virtual session. If you request a phone conference, the counselor will call you at the number on file with Archer. Please note the following:
- All meetings must be scheduled at least 3 business days in advance.
- Parent/Teacher Conferences are only held after school on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays at 2:20pm
- Codes to virtual meetings will be emailed 20 minutes prior to the meeting start time.
Please visit Archer HS Counseling Corner on eCLASS; click on the link to your counselor's page; complete the google form to request an appointment. Please understand that your counselor will be contacting you via your GCPS Google email account and that it is your responsibility to check your email on a daily basis. A confirmation with the Google Meet link will be sent to your GCPS email. You will need to be logged into your GCPS Google Account.
Please note: If you only have a quick question (ex. schedule change request, SAT/ACT waivers, college recommendation letters, transcripts, etc.) please email your counselor for the quickest response.
- Counselors are available during normal school operating hours via email. If appropriate, Counselors will send you directions on starting a Google Meet.
- Please allow 24-48 hours for a response.
- Counseling Department Contact Information is available here
Coping Strategies & Self-Care
With the disruptions in daily life, many students are grieving the loss of experiences: graduation, attending prom, their spring musical, or final baseball game. They may struggle with feelings of helplessness or loss of control, sadness, anger, or confusion. Check in with your kids and validate their thoughts and feelings.
Emotional Mapping Activity:
*Gwinnett County Libraries have closed again, but have moved their wifi routers closer to the front, so families can access wifi from their cars in the parking lot.
All records requests, withdrawls, and enrollments are suspended until after Spring Break. Please check back for updates.
Dual Enrollment Updates
Archer HS DE Updates - as of 3/19/2020
Questions? Mrs. Kilpatrick: firstname.lastname@example.org
*info subject to change; more info to come*
CURRENTLY ENROLLED STUDENTS:
- Most if not all DE colleges have transitioned to fully online for the rest of Spring 2020. Please be sure to check your DE college portal and DE college email daily for updates.
- Allow yourself plenty of time to complete and submit assignments for online courses in the event there are delays with online platforms, personal illness, etc.
- Contact your DE college’s DE office/advisor for more information/questions.
STUDENTS WANTING TO DO DE SY 20-21:
- If student did not attend 1of 20 Archer DE group advisement meetings or never has done DE, please wait to pursue Spring 2021 DE until Fall 2020.
- If you have submitted completed DE forms from the DE packet to AHS Counseling & attended a DE group advisement meeting, know that you have met the Archer HS March 20th deadline for summer/fall DE.
- Contact the college’s DE office for questions about meeting test requirements if SAT/ACT not offered until after May 2020 or other questions related to the DE college.
- You will need to reapply to the DE college via your GA Futures account.
- Mrs. K UNABLE to view/process your DE app in GA Futures until late April 2020 or later.
- Send Mrs. Kilpatrick a copy of your summer DE college schedule.
SAT/ACT & College Updates
SAT/ACT: All SAT/ACT test dates through June have been cancelled. Students will either be issued refunds or allowed to reschedule for free.
- Many colleges have extended their application deadlines. Please monitor college websites for additional information.
- Most Georgia schools are no longer requiring SAT/ACT scores for admission for the 20-21 school year. You should check with each college to determine if you need to submit scores.
Contact: Ms. Nicole Hamilton - email@example.com
Please see the following document for instruction on requesting and sending transcripts.