*Work Permits are only required for students under the age of 16.*
How to obtain a Work Permit step-by-step:
- Students, click on the following link to begin completing the Minor section online at www.dol.georgia.gov.
- Enter the Social Security Number or Parent Alien Certification number, date of birth, and then select “Start New Permit”.
- Enter name, address, parent’s name, etc. and select “Submit”
- Ensure all fields are correct and complete.
- Select “Submit”.
- Minor will receive a 10 character “Minor Security Key (MSK)”. Print the “Work Permit Minor Confirmation Page” with the MSK and submit to the potential employer to complete the Employer section online at www.dol.georgia.gov.
Once the employer has completed their portion online, the student must email NGHS's Authorized Issuing Officer, Ms. Shuler at email@example.com with the MSK code in order for her to certify the Work Permit.
The final Certified Work Permit will be emailed back to the student. Please allow up to 48 hours for processing.