How to Obtain a Work Permit
To access the online employment certificate (work permit) system, please go to www.dol.state.ga.us.
- Under the “In Demand” section, click “Child Labor Information.”
- Scroll down to the green area and click “Get a Youth Work Permit Online.”
- Click “Minor” and type in your information.
Once you input your information, print the form and then:
- Take it to your employer to fill out its section
- Return the fully complete form to Brookwood, Office A1, with proof of your birthdate (driver’s permit or birth certificate) and $5.
The turnaround time for Brookwood to generate a work permit is approximately 24 hours.