Councils can have an unlimited number of members; however, as of July 2007 parents must be the majority of the membership. A parent must also serve as a Chairperson.
At a minimum, a School Council is composed of seven members:
- The Principal
- Two certificated teachers elected by the teachers
- Four parents (or guardians) elected by the parents; two of the parents must be business persons
The school council may, within its bylaws, increase the number of members, as long as the parents remain the majority.
Trickum holds elections each year in May to fill these positions for the following school year.
- Chairperson - Sharon Sones
- Co-Chair - Ryan Queen
- Secretary - Ronda Collett
School Council Dates
For the 2019-2020 school year, the council will meet on:
- August 26th, Monday – 6:30 pm
- October 1st, Tuesday – 6:30 pm (Cluster-Wide School Council Meeting at Parkview High School)
- December 2nd, Monday – 6:30 pm
- February 3rd, Monday – 6:30 pm
- April 20th, Monday – 6:30 pm
Local meetings will be held at Trickum Middle with a light dinner at 6:00 pm in the conference room unless otherwise noted.