Welcome Snellville Middle Parents and Guardians to the 2020-21 school year!
Student safety and security is a priority at Snellville Middle School, and we believe the best method for your student to come to and from school is by using our school buses. However, we realize that many parents are opting for their child(ren) to be a car rider occasionally and/or your circumstances are such where your child must be a car rider. Car rider registration forms and car rider tags will be available in the car rider lane during morning and afternoon drop off and pick up for the first three (3) days of Return to In-Person instruction. Please stay in your vehicle and a staff member will come to your car to provide assistance. The car rider registration form can be completed ahead of time for your convenience. It is located on our school website under the Parents tab.
We are asking all of our families to follow the car rider procedures and expectations when dropping off or picking up your child. To promote safety and practice social distancing, staff will direct vehicle movement and the unloading or loading of students. Please do not allow your child to exit the vehicle until directed by a staff member.
Morning Drop-Off Procedure:
· Only one lane of traffic is used for drop-off.
· Students may exit vehicle when signaled by faculty or staff
· Parents should pull forward before stopping for their child to exit the vehicle.
· For safety reasons, parents should not attempt to drive around a car during drop off.
· All students should be dropped off by 9:20 a.m., which is when first period begins.
Afternoon Pick-Up Procedure:
· Only one lane of traffic is used for pick-up.
· Parents may arrive on campus for car rider pick-up no earlier than 3:30 p.m.
· All vehicles should have the car rider number clearly displayed.
· Staff will assist with the traffic flow and direct vehicle movement.
· Please make sure you follow the directions of the staff to ensure a safe and quick car rider line.
· Students will be dismissed at 3:55 p.m. to go to the car rider staging locations within the building.
· Car riders will be dismissed as their car rider number is called and in the order of car arrival.
· For safety reasons, parents should not attempt to drive around a car during pick up.
· All car riders must be picked up before 4:30 p.m.
Car Rider Drop off and Pick Up is located on Pate DRIVE
Thank you for doing your part in ensuring that we have a safe arrival and dismissal for our staff and students.