During digital learning, Grayson High School Counselors will continue to support students' academic success, career development, and social-emotional growth. To do this, we will utilize Zoom and Google Meet for individual meetings, conferences, presentations, groups, and classroom lessons/activities.
Graduation RequirementsIn order to earn a regular GCPS High School Diploma, students must:
1. Pass Gwinnett County Public School's High School Gateway Writing Assessment
2. Complete a total of 23 credits (units) in the following areas of study:
- 4 units of English/Language Arts
- 4 units of Science
- 4 units of Mathematics
- 3 units of Social Studies
- 3 units required from Foreign Language* and/or CTAE and/or Fine Arts
- 4 units of additional electives
- .5 unit of Health
- .5 unit of Physical Education
* Students planning to enter or transfer into a University System of Georgia institution must take two units of the same foreign language.
9th to 10th grade - 5 units (Sophomore)
10th to 11th grade - 11 units (Junior)
11th to 12th grade - 17 units (Senior)
Letters of Recommendation
Seniors are required to complete an information (brag) sheet at least two weeks before the letter of recommendation is needed. Please include all activities you have been involved in from 9th - 12th grade. This can include outside activities in the community and any service projects. Turn in brag sheet to your assigned counselor.