Parkview High School Counseling
Welcome to the Parkview Counseling Office. Navigate the menu below to learn more about us.
Counseling Office Information
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday, 6:50 a.m. - 2:50 p.m.
The mission of the Parkview High School Counseling Department is to support and assist all students in the pursuit of excellence in academic knowledge, skills, and behavior as they develop their post-secondary plans. All students, through their participation in our comprehensive, developmental and data-driven program, will be provided with opportunities to achieve their greatest potential. Counselors will effectively collaborate and consult with students, parents, teachers, administrators and community members to address and remove barriers to student success. The counseling program ensures all students have equitable access to learn academic, career-oriented, and social/emotional skills that will help them to become healthy, successful, world-class citizens.
The Parkview High School Counseling Department envisions all students being successful in their post-secondary pursuits through the application of the knowledge and life skills learned from our program. Students will live empowered lives, motivated to fulfill their dreams and reach their greatest potential.
The Counselors at Parkview High School believe:
- All students are unique, have value and worth.
- All students have the ability to learn and are life-long learners.
- All students deserve to learn in a positive, safe, orderly and secure environment.
- All students benefit from and have equitable access to a data-driven, comprehensive counseling program.
- All students should be served by certified professional School Counselors who continually participate in professional development opportunities.
- All students deserve to be treated with kindness and respect regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religious beliefs and socioeconomic status.
- All students achieve academic, personal/social and career success through counselor collaboration and consultation with students, teachers, parents, administrators and community members.
- All students should be served by professional School Counselors who abide by ethical standards established by the American School Counselor Association.
Parkview High School is a Recognized ASCA Model Program (RAMP) school. The RAMP designation, awarded for aligning with the criteria in the ASCA National Model, recognizes schools that are committed to delivering a comprehensive, data-driven school counseling program and an exemplary educational environment.
“Every successful adult was once a student dreaming about the future, in need of guidance and encouragement to make that dream possible.” Horace Mann