Local Emergency Services: 911
Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
Georgia COVID-19 Emotional Support Line: 866-399-8938; https://dbhdd.georgia.gov/covid-19
- 24/7 free & confidential assistance to callers needing emotional support or resources.
- Staffed by volunteers, including mental health professionals and others who have received crisis counseling training
Georgia Crisis & Access Line (GCAL): 1-800-715-4225; www.mygcal.com
- Callers have access to a clinician who will triage the crisis over the phone.
- If unable to de-escalate over the phone; a DD and Mental Health team goes to location of crisis.
- Staff able to 10-13 (involuntary transport) or go with the family to the hospital with their assessment information.
- Fresh Produce & More
- Saturday, February 27, 2021; 1:30pm
- 508 Grayson Highway, Lawrenceville, GA 30046
- Upcoming Schedule: March 27, April 24, & May 22, 2021
- Saturday, Feburary 27, 2021; 10am-12pm
- 2021 West Liddell Rd Duluth, GA 30046
- Fresh fruits, fresh veggies, meats, & special treats
- January 30, 2021; 12pm-2pm
- 2114 Fountain Square Snellville, GA 30078
- Food Should Always Be Within Reach
- If you or your family don't always have money for food, visit the FoodFinder website or download our App to find places nearby where you can get free food & meal assistance.
- The Food Pantry at Salem Missionary Baptist Church is one of our Outreach Ministries that seeks to create a hunger free community by sharing our abundant blessings with anyone in need.
- New Hours: Tuesday’s:1:30PM – 4:00PM Saturday’s: 9:00AM – 11:30AM
For additional information, please feel free to contact the church office at: 770-923-3936.
- Offering a free, no questions asked grocery delivery program.
- Families can also call 678-978-4000 for support.
*Gwinnett County Libraries have closed again, but have moved their wifi routers closer to the front, so families can access wifi from their cars in the parking lot.
- Open 6pm-7:30am when temperature falls below 35 degrees
- Call: 770-847-6765; 770-371-1067
- Breanna Stringer
- Program Coordinator
- 2715 Peachtree Road Atlanta, GA 30305
- (678) 957-9464
Coping Strategies & Self-Care
With the disruptions in daily life, many students are grieving the loss of experiences: graduation, attending prom, their spring musical, or final baseball game. They may struggle with feelings of helplessness or loss of control, sadness, anger, or confusion. Check in with your kids and validate their thoughts and feelings.
Emotional Mapping Activity: