What will digital learning look like?
Teachers will provide both live (synchronous) and recorded (asynchronous) lessons and independent work. This means that students will be required to participate in digital instruction on a specific schedule with their teachers (synchronous learning), and also complete activities and assignments (asynchronous learning) on their own time to meet assignment deadlines.
- Assignments will be posted no later than 10 am.
- Students will receive quality instruction on all grade-level standards, learning the district’s Academic Knowledge and Skills (AKS) curriculum.
- Instruction and support will be provided by teachers and staff from the student’s local school.
- Students will access assignments through eCLASS C&I course pages, but teachers also may use digital resources such as Google Classroom.
- Students will attend synchronous (live) online sessions with teachers through Zoom.
- Teachers will provide schedules detailing which lessons will be done in synchronous sessions. Synchronous sessions will be recorded. This will allow students and parents to review the sessions and will make them available to students who occasionally cannot attend a live session.