2021 AP TESTING INFORMATION
Options of Paper/Pencils and Digital will be available for all students to select.
In-School (Paper/Pencil Only) : All students will be provided the two options for AP Testing. The first administration provides students the opportunity to take the In-School (Paper/Pencil Only) exam that is available for all test. Schedule from May 3rd through May 17th.
At-Home (Digital Only) : For students who are unable to attend the AP Testing Paper/Pencil only for the designated exam will be signed up for At-Home (Digital Only) testing immediately following the Administration #1 of their exam. Digital Testing will start May 18th and conclude on June 11th.
Health & Safety Precautions
Meadowcreek High School will continue to follow local public health guidelines when planning for this year’s AP Exams. We will require and/or provide face masks, gloves, hand sanitizer, or other PPE. We will set the spacing for all students at least 6 feet apart to adhere to social distancing guidelines. We will continue to encourage all students and staff to practice regular handwashing and stay home if they are sick.
Checking In For Testing
AP students scheduled to test should enter at the bottom of the Mustang Gym. Students will be checked in by clerical staff for the appropriate exam during the 8am and 12noon administration. Students should arrive at least 1 hour prior to the start of the exam. Students scheduled to test at 8am should arrive at 6:45am and students scheduled to test at 12noon should arrive by 11am. A preassigned seat will be provided to you. All AP students should bring the following the day of testing:
- Two sharpened No. 2 pencils (with erasers)
- Two pens with black or dark blue ink only
- Up to two calculators of the appropriate type (AP Biology, Calculus, Chemistry, Environmental Science, Physics, or Statistics only)
- For AP Physics only: A ruler or straightedge
- A valid photo ID if they do not attend the school where they are taking the exam
Please note that if you are a Digital Student you will have to reside in the Mustang Theatre before or after testing if you do not immediately leave at the conclusion of the test.
Do NOT Bring to the exam area: (Any student in violation will be asked to leave the testing area, their score will be invalidated, and no refund will be given).
- Any electronic equipment (cell phones, Airpods, smart watches, cameras, any device that can access the internet, any communication device)
- Book bags or purses
- Books, compasses, mechanical pencils, correction fluid, dictionaries, highlighters, notes, colored pencils, reference guides, keyboard maps
- Rulers, protractors (except for Physics I)
- Scratch Paper (notes can be made on portions of the booklet)
- Watches that beep or have an alarm
- Food or drink
- Clothing with subject-related information
Meadowcreek High School strongly suggested that you DO NOT bring any electronic items such as cell phones. Cell phones must be turned off prior to entering the testing location. Please understand that if your cell phone goes off during testing you will be asked to leave and your exam will not be submitted for scoring.
Exam Day Activities
All AM Test Takers must arrive at the Mustang Gym testing location by 7:00am. All afternoon Test Takers must arrive by 11:00am. Pre-Administration will begin at 7am for morning Test Takers and 11am for afternoon Test Takers. All Test instructions will begin promptly at 8:00am for morning exams and 12:00pm for afternoon exams. No one will be admitted to the testing area once the exam begins.
Please arrange transportation accordingly.
Visitors are not allowed on campus.
All AP Students are encouraged to bring a snack the day of administration; especially if they have morning & afternoon exams. Students must not go beyond our testing location areas during 10-minute breaks. Our cafeteria will be open from 10:20am - 12:15pm for students who need to purchase lunch for the day, either before or after an exam. Students taking two paper exams on the same day are advised to bring something from home to eat between exams.
All students will have ACT added to their attendance the day of testing. AP students for morning sessions should not report to class, instead go directly to the testing location. All AP students for morning sessions who are digital should report to the Mustang Theater or check out from school when the test is over. Digital bus riders with no afternoon exam will be given a bus pass to ride the bus in the afternoon.
Per College Board, all students should have their student IDs or driver’s licenses for our AP check-in table. Students will keep this ID visible on their desks during the examination. If no ID is available, we can identify you using your Student Profile sheet. This will be made available to the check-in clerk.
12PM AP Tests: Students & Lunch
Digital students with afternoon AP Exams should report to the theater and remain until their scheduled exam. All PM Student scheduled to test should eat during A-Lunch.
Please select the following to see AP Exam Administration’s Calculator Policy
All registered students are initially scheduled for AP Paper/Pencil Testing (Administration #1). At the conclusion of Administration #1, students who did not test will be moved to the Digital At-Home Option (Administration #2 or #3). Students will need to make sure that they have completed the setup process on the College Board Application 3 days in advance to ensure they are ready for digital testing. Please note that if you have a school-managed laptop or Chromebook, the College Board Digital App should already be listed under start menu for laptops and “Apps” for Chromebooks. If you are using a personal laptop you will need to download the College Board App to your laptop. You cannot use a personal Chromebook for AP Digital Testing. See the following link for details.
Four Step Process to Take Digital Exams - https://apcentral.collegeboard.org/about-ap-2021/updates/four-steps-before-digital-test (If you have a school managed computer, you can skip Step #1, as the College Board Digital App is already on your computer.)
AP Parent Letter
Dear Meadowcreek High School Families,
In-person AP exams will take place from May 3 to May 17 at Meadowcreek. We encourage all students to take this opportunity to take their AP exams in person. If a student does not take their AP exam in person, they will have the opportunity to take AP exams in a digital format after the end of the school year (May 18-20th, May 26 -28th, June 1-3rd and June 7-11th). The only exception is the AP Spanish Language does not have a digital option and MUST be taken in person. AP Physics, AP Chemistry, AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC are not offered in a digital format until June 7-11th.
Please go to our website under the Academics > Advanced Placement tab to see information about our check-in process and our plans to keep all our students safe.
Important information to review prior your exam day:
- All students should acknowledge the AP Exam Terms & Conditions online prior to their day of examination.
- AP Seminar, AP Research & AP Computer Science Principles students must submit their performance task in AP Digital Portfolio by Thursday, May 20th, 11:59 pm EST.
- Masks wearing is required on campus. Masks will be available for all students. A sanitizing station will be in each exam room; however, students may bring their own sanitizer.
- Students should visit our website or to the AP College Board online portal for a full list of what is acceptable and not acceptable to bring to the exam room.
- Scores will be available online at www.apscore.org in July. Students will also be able to access their scores by signing in through My AP.
- Calculators are allowed for some or all parts of AP Exams. Again, visit the school’s website before exam day for a full list of what is allowed. Calculators will be available at check-in. If your student opts out of using a calculator, they must sign the Calculator Release Statement.
- All responses for the free-response section must be written in English except for Spanish Language and Culture. Any responses not adhering to this policy will receive a score of 0 or will not be scored.
- All students planning to take the initial AP Exam on paper-and-pencil should plan to arrive at their testing location by 7am for morning exams and 11am for afternoon exams. We will start testing at the nationwide mandatory start time of 8:00 am and 12:00 pm. Any student arriving after the start time will have their exam shifted to the appropriate digital at home administration.
- Starting April 8, the digital testing application will be pushed down to all school/district-managed devices (PCs & Chromebooks) by the county for AP Digital Testing. Please note for non-school managed devices, you will need to download the application to your own computer (PCs, & MACs). You will not be able to test using a non-school managed Chromebook.
Please call 770-806-2233/770-806-2231 should you have any questions. Thanks for your continued support!
Dr. Fred Glenn & Dr. Dorothy Kindred
Meadowcreek High School
AP Exam Schedule
Please select the following to see AP Exam Administration Schedule