CGHS Title I Program
Central Gwinnett has a school-wide Title I program.
With a school-wide program, ALL students benefit from Title I funding.
Title I FAQs
What is Title I?
- Title I is the largest federal assistance program for schools.
- Title I has a goal to help every child receive a high quality education.
- Title I resources are directed toward students who need them most.
- Title I helps parents be more involved in their child’s education
How does Central Gwinnett High School qualify to be a Title I school?
Eligibility is determined by having a certain percentage of students qualify for free or reduced lunch.
What does Title I funds provide at Central Gwinnett High School?
- Extended Learning Programs
- Additional supplies and materials, books
- Additional teachers
- Additional technology
- Transitional activities
- Staff development opportunities
- Supplies and materials
- Collaborative planning opportunities
- Workshops and training
- Parent Instructional Support Coordinator
- On-site Parent Center
- Resources that support student learning
What can parents do to support the Title I program at Central Gwinnett High School?
Parental involvement is an essential part of the Title I program. Learn more about how you can be involved by attending any of the upcoming Central Gwinnett High School Title I parent meetings or by contacting the CGHS Parent Center.