8th Grade Information
This Section Is the Hub for "All Things High School"
- The following presentation and contact information was shared with students on Tuesday, February 11th at an assembly led by the CTAE (Career, Technology, and Agricultural Education) department and Colonel Rose from the GHS JROTC. In addition, there is also an attached handout that provides the Elective Choices with descriptions.
- Attached you will find the presentation and recording from the 2/15 parent meeting that was hosted by Mrs. Stephenson and Dr. Azor:
- All 8th graders and parents NOW have access to their course recommendations on the studentvue (and student eCLASS page) and parentvue (parent portal) apps. This information is located under the Course Request tab.
- Grayson High School will be hosting it annual Rising 9th Grade Night virtually this year on February 23rd beginning at 6pm. There will be an AP and gifted informational meeting with Dr. Rhine for parents who are interested beforehand at 5:30pm. Attached you will find the program for this meeting along with all of the active zoom links for each session. There are 3 session times that are offered 6:00-6:25, 6:30-6:55, and 7:00-7:25 and parents can choose to attend 3 that they have questions about or need more information.
- Please find attached the Rising 9th Grade Booklet from GHS.
- There is a meeting that is being offered AT Grayson High School on Wednesday, March 2nd at 6pm for parents of students who are served in our special education program.
- Each student or family needs to complete the rising 9th grade link / form to inform Grayson High School of any changes that need to be made in addition to informing us about your plans for Health and PE. If you would like to adjust the course’s level (i.e. move from honors to college prep) or change the electives; the form will allow you to make those changes. Students and their families will have the opportunity to complete this form / link through March 11th. After March 11th, any student without a complete schedule will be given open electives with little opportunity to request a change. Please see bullet #1 for the list of electives to choose from!
- Any student who is currently attending Couch Middle as a permissive transfer student (obtained special permission to attend) will NOT have the course selections posted on their StudentVue. These will be populated by the assigned "home" school. Any student who will NOT be attending GHS next year will want to reach out to Mrs. Stephenson to ensure that the correct courses are communicated to the next school.