Resources & Information
Find a Substitute: Absence Management System
ABSENCE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
Absence Management is the nation's leading automated substitute placement and management system, and is now available district-wide in GCPS. Access is available to employees, substitutes, and administrators. Log-in to the Absence Management website.
Click on the following links to learn more about Absence Management:
Absence Management - Frequently Asked Questions
Why am I not seeing any jobs in Absence Management?
There are a number of possible reasons that jobs aren't showing up as available. There are a few things you can check. First, make sure that you aren’t limiting yourself in your “Schools” preferences. Also, make sure that you have your call times set to allow maximum job offers. If you’re still not seeing anything, you can contact your district’s absence and substitute management administrator to make sure you are seeing the correct job offers.
I don't know my login or PIN. Where can I find this information?
Forgot your PIN number? Not to worry! When you go to log in to the system at www.aesoponline.com, you’ll see a link for “PIN Reminder.” Here, you can enter your phone number and email and have your PIN number sent directly to you. If you still have trouble logging in, contact your district’s absence and substitute management Administrator for help.
What do I do if I miss a call from the Absence Management system?
If you missed that phone call, you can always call back, toll-free, at 1-800-942-3767, to hear a current list of available jobs to accept. You can also login online to view those same jobs. You’ll want to act quickly. The system may have already called the next substitute in line with that job offer.
What if I only can work at certain schools?
If you only want to work at certain schools and don’t want job offers from others, it’s as easy as setting up your “Schools” list in your preferences. Here, you can specify what locations you want to see jobs for, or specify those you do not. For help setting up that list, you can reference the “Preferred Schools” article. If you are unable to create that list, please contact your district absence and substitute management administrator for help in setting up that list.
- Accident Claim Form
- Hospital Indemnity Claim Form
- Critical Illness Claim Form
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) Claim Form
- Dental Out-of-Network Claim Form
- Vision Out-of-Network Claim Form
- Life Insurance Beneficiary Form
Compensation and Payroll
- Verification of Certified Work Experience
- Verification of Non-Teaching/Classified Work Experience
- Verification of Non-Contracted/Coaching/Extracurricular Position
- Direct Deposit - Portal Access
- Direct Deposit Form
- Federal W-4 Tax Withholding Allowance
- Georgia G-4 Tax Withholding Allowance
- Employee Data Change Form
As the state's largest school system, Gwinnett County Public Schools (GCPS) values leaders who have the skills and training to lead world-class schools to increased levels of academic achievement for all students. Because of the changing demographics in our schools, school leaders must be knowledgeable about instruction, should articulate the school's vision and mission, and promote a positive school environment in an era of accountability. Quality-Plus Leaders model high expectations for teachers and students and execute a vision so that these expectations may be realized.
To prepare leaders for the future and the next generation of students. GCPS developed its Quality-Plus Leader Academy (QPLA). The academy provides GCPS professionals with a clear path to development and training. It serves as an umbrella to cover all activities associated with the leadership pipeline in GCPS.
Mandated ReportingIn compliance with HB 1176, ALL school personnel and volunteers are required to report suspected acts of child abuse to the person in charge of the facility. This report cannot be modified by any person(s) and will be reported immediately, or within 24 hours, by the person in charge of the facility to the appropriate agency. Click for more information on mandated reporting.
Notices for Employees
Please note that the poster revision date denotes the last revision of the appropriate law where applicable, not the date of publication.
Referral Incentives for GCPS Employees
Teacher Recruitment Incentive ProgramGwinnett County Public Schools (GCPS) is one school district made up of many incredible people. We find strength in our various backgrounds and perspectives,and the results speak for themselves.GCPS has been named one of Forbes’ ‘Top Employers for Women’ and ‘Best of Gwinnett’ for our competitive compensation, generous benefits and culture of strong support!
To earn the full incentive for the designated position, you must:
- Be a new teacher hired to GCPS for the 2022-23 school year; OR
- Be a full-time teacher hired for the 2022-23 school year and taught in GCPS prior to the 2019-20 school year.
- A teacher would not be eligible to receive the incentive if they are a former employee who has worked in the district as a teacher within the last three school years. (2019-20, 2020-21,2021-22)
- Complete the 2022-23 school year and
- Sign a contract for the 2023-24 school year.
- Incentive amount will be determined based upon the employee's start date.
- *A new teacher for the 2022-23 school year is eligible to receive one incentive. An exception would be a teacher who qualifies for an incentive and meets the criteria for the bilingual incentive as well. In this case, both incentives will be awarded.
- If a teacher qualifies for more than one incentive, (not including bilingual) the incentive with the highest dollar amount will be awarded.
- Teacher may elect to receive a lump sum payment. In exchange for this hiring incentive, the GCPS teacher agrees to teach in GCPS for a minimum of three (3) school years.
- The GCPS teacher will be provided the one-time lump sum payment after September 30, 2022. The GCPS Teacher will receive or to repay GCPS the established hiring incentive under the following circumstances
a. Failure to sign a teaching contract for a GCPS teaching position,
b. Terminated/released prior starting the teaching position,
c. New information is provided that would disqualify from being hired, and/or
d. GCPS Teacher fails to report to work.
The GCPS Teacher understands that in the event the GCPS Teacher resigns without mutual agreement prior to completing the three-year teaching agreement, the GCPS Teacher will be obligated to repay Gwinnett County Public Schools the amount of such incentive previously paid no later than thirty (30) days following the date of separation.
Additional information and a selection form will be sent to new teachers who qualify for the incentive in August 2022.
Questions about incentives? Please email email@example.com