As outlined by Strategic Priority #2 in Our Blueprint for the Future: Building the Bridge from Empathy to Excellence, Board Policy BAAE - Educational Equity charged district administration to “design or redesign systemic programs and initiatives to address and reduce educational inequity, providing students and staff with targeted supports and enrichment that increase opportunities to succeed" as monitored and managed by the Office of Equity.
Our goals are...
- Multi-tiered system of supports. Implement a comprehensive framework to fully operationalize a multi-tiered system of supports to address academic and non-academic student needs and remove barriers to success.
- Opportunity and access. Expand student opportunities to engage in and access high-quality, rigorous, and culturally relevant curriculum, advanced coursework (e.g., Advanced Placement and dual enrollment), and enrichment activities (e.g., the arts, gifted, STEM, career technical education).
- Equitable resource allocation. Overhaul resource allocation systems and processes to ensure that each school’s instructional, social emotional, and behavior supports match the unique student and community needs.
The following offices are aligned to support these initiatives:
- The Office of Student Services
- The Office of Academic Support
- The Office of Federal Programs and Compliance