English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)
The ESOL Program of Parkview High School fosters inclusive classrooms that are responsive to the linguistic and cultural needs of English Learners and their families. The department provides English Learners with support and instruction in the English language, academic core classes and American culture, in order to ensure success in the mainstream classroom, school, and the community.
In addition to helping the student develop proficiency in English, the Department provides sheltered content courses in Social Studies, Science, and Math.
The following classes for Els are being offered:
- World Geography - Eric Brown
- World History - June Dempsey
- U.S History - Jodi James
- Ecology - Heidi Cooley
- Biology - Heidi Cooley
- Algebra 1 - Matt Moon
- Geometry - Matt Moon
- Freshmen Language Arts - Emilie Lankford
- Junior Language Arts - Diane Benjamin
- ESOL I, II and III - Grit Malkin, Emilie Lancaster
- LDC I, II, III IV - Grit Malkin, Emilie Lancaster
- ESOL AP – Tina Smosny