The Parent Center
Parents are welcome to come and visit our Parent Center which is located in the Media Center. Enter through the main entrance and you will be directed to our new office. A hard copy all the Title 1 Documents for the School Wide Plan may also be found in the Parent Center. Please view our Title 1 documents on the left. The Title I Parent Center also has computers for parent use during the normal operating schedule for the Gwinnett County Public Schools
Los padres son bienvenidos a visitar nuestro Centro de Padres que se encuentra en el Centro de Medios. Ingrese por la entrada principal y será dirigido a nuestra nueva oficina. También se puede encontrar una copia impresa de todos los Documentos del Título 1 para el Plan Escolar en el Centro de Padres. Vea nuestros documentos del Título 1 a la izquierda. El Centro de Padres de Título I también tiene computadoras para uso de los padres durante el horario normal de funcionamiento de las Escuelas Públicas del Condado de Gwinnett.
Laura Garwood, Parent Instructional Coordinator
Leslie Retchko, Title I Assistant Principal
Hours of Operations
Monday – Friday
7:30 am – 11:30 am
Title I Information
The Title I Program…
- Is the largest federal assistance program for schools.
- Provides support to students who are at risk of not meeting the State’s academic standards.
- Determines funding by the number of students receiving free or reduced-price lunch.
- Supports parents/families by offering activities and training opportunities to increase engagement in their children’s education.
Two types of Title I programs:
- Targeted Assistance - No schools in GCPS participate in TAS (Targeted Assistance School Program)
- Schoolwide - 68 schools participate in GCPS
- All students at the school benefit from Title I funds.
- Materials, equipment, technology, professional development, extended learning time, salaries of some teachers, and the Parent Center are some of the possible items funded through Title I
Parents Right To Know:
Parents have the right to request information about the degree and qualifications of their child's teacher(s) and paraprofessional(s), if applicable. Please refer to the GCPS Student-Parent Handbook or contact your school's principal for more information.
Los padres tienen derecho a solicitar información sobre el título y las calificaciones del maestro(s) y paraprofessional(es) de su hijo, si corresponde. Consulte el Manual para Padres y Estudiantes de GCPS o comuníquese con el Director de su escuela para obtener más información.
Annual Parent Meeting
Tuesday, August 31 at 12:15 p.m.
Title I Youth Mental Health Awareness and SELF CARE for Parents
Tuesday, September 21 at 12:15 pm
Mr. E. Williams
Curriculum Night - Math & Science and Parent Engagement Academy* * Using your VOICE to ADVOCATE for your child.
Tuesday, October 26, at 5 pm
Mr. E. Williams
Dinner will be provided.
Face to Face at GIVE East
Parent Engagement Academy
Tuesday, February 1 at 12:15 pm
Title I Planning Meeting
Tuesday, March 29 at 12:15 pm
Spring Curriculum Night - Social Studies & Language Arts
December and May
Group Exit Meetings will be facilitated with home schools and scheduled for parents. You will receive an email with details prior to your student going back to their home school.