What is Title I?
The Title I Program…
- Is the largest federal assistance program for schools.
- Provides support to students who are at risk of not meeting the State’s academic standards.
- Determines funding by the number of students receiving free or reduced-price lunch.
- Supports parents/families by offering activities and training opportunities to increase engagement in their children’s education.
Two types of Title I programs:
- Targeted Assistance - No schools in GCPS participate in TAS (Targeted Assistance School Program)
- Schoolwide - 68 schools participate in GCPS
- All students at the school benefit from Title I funds.
- Materials, equipment, technology, professional development, extended learning time, salaries of some teachers, and the Parent Center are some of the possible items funded through Title I
Mrs. Consuelo Garcia
Phone: (770) 246-5341
Monday - Thursday 6:40 am-2:50 pm
Friday 6:40 am- 1:30 pm
Gwinnett County Public Schools Family & Community Engagement Plan (2022-2023)
Gwinnett County Public Schools Family & Community Engagement Plan Website
Gwinnett County Public Schools Family & Community Engagement Plan - Video (English)
Gwinnett County Public Schools Family & Community Engagement Plan - Video (Spanish)
Parent Right to Know:
Parents have the right to request information about the degree and qualifications of their child's teacher(s) and paraprofessional(s), if applicable. Please refer to the GCPS Student-Parent Handbook or contact your school's principal for more information.
Los Padres tienen el derecho a solicitar información sobre el título y las calificaciones del maestro(s) y paraprofesional(es) de su hijo, si corresponde. Consulte el Manual de las Escuelas Públicas del Condado de Gwinnetto contacte al principal de su escuela para más información.
GCPS Federal and Special Programs Information Page