Work Based Learning
Yolondia Richardson, Coordinator
Applying for Work Based LearningBased upon the local school requirements, students may be required to attend class the first week of each semester.Students may not be allowed to leave school until all required paperwork is received by Ms. Richardson.Students may be dropped if required paperwork is not submitted within 2 weeks.
(If your form does not download correctly, try another browser, for example Internet Explorer.)Thank you for your interest in the Work-Based Learning program!
- Please download the following Pre-Registration documents for the program.
- Download each file
- Save it on your computer in a Work-Based Learning folder
- Complete the file on your computer by typing in the information
- Save the file again
- Print out the typed files at home or at school.
- Sign the forms and turn them into Ms. Richardson at GIVE East.
What is Work Based Learning?
Students in the WBL program graduate from high school with real-world work experience. They leave high school with an advantage: Office Certifications (Word, Excel, and/or Powerpoint), armed with work skills and community service/volunteer experience, a professional resume and career portfolio, interviewing skills, and the ability to make clear, well thought out decisions about their career aspirations. In addition to work experience, leadership development, as well as career and college exploration, at least 98% of WBL students (office aides & off-campus) receive multiple college acceptances and attend 2- and 4-year colleges and universities. Our students have taken HONORS and AP classes. Additionally, each year there are several honor graduates that complete the program. These students also actively participate in our nationally recognized Career and Technical Education Student Associations (DECA, FBLA, FCCLA, FEA,. Skills USA, and TSA).
- Juniors and Seniors only
- Student workplace must meet all requirements of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- All paid positions must meet requirements for minimum wage, overtime, child labor, equal pay, and applicable tax withholding.
- 1099s positions require a copy of the company's Business License, coordinator's approval, and approved mentor.