Due to the expiration of USDA waivers, Effective June 30, 2022, the School Nutrition Program will now transition to pre-pandemic operations.
While meals are no longer available at no charge to all students, GCPS has made a few changes to assist our students and families as we transition away from the USDA waivers.
If you think your child may qualify for free or reduced-price school meals, it is important to complete your School Meal Application this year, as federal funding to provide meals at no charge for all students-regardless of income or application-ended on June 30, 2022.
As a reminder, SY21-22 Free and Reduced eligibility status will carry over for the first 30 days of SY22-23(through 9/14).
The online SY22-23 application is now available.
SY23 Free and Reduced Online Application
Sign up for a MyPaymentPlus account
Click here to view current lunch and breakfast menus
Find out more about the GCPS School Nutrition Program
Check the status of a free and reduced application already submitted
Start your child’s day by eating breakfast in the Cub Cafe. Research has shown that a hungry child does not learn as easily as a child who has a nutritious breakfast.
- At Camp Creek ES, students with Free and Reduced eligibility will receive breakfast at no charge.
- Students with Full Pay eligibility will receive breakfast at a cost of $1.50.
- Student breakfast includes 1 entree, up to 2 sides and a choice of milk.
- Adult breakfast and visiting children are $2.50.
- Breakfast Ala Carte prices are as follows: Entree $2.25; Side $0.40; Milk $0.40; 12oz Bottle Water $0.75
The school lunch program was set up to meet children’s nutritional needs while they are attending school. The nutritional goals are based on the Recommended Dietary Allowances (RDA). Lunch meets 1/3 of the RDA for protein, vitamins A and C, calcium, and calories for children.We serve only low fat or fat-free milk daily.
- All students will be charged for lunch based on their current eligibility status(Free, Reduced, Full Pay).
- Meal prices are as follows: Reduced- $0.40; ES Lunch-$2.25; MS/HS Lunch - $2.50
- Student lunch includes 1 entree, up to 2 vegetables and up to 2 fruits, and milk. Each lunch must contain one fruit or one vegetable.
- Adult lunch and visiting children are $3.75.
- Lunch Ala Carte prices are as follows: Entree $3.00; Side $0.40; 12 oz Bottled Water $0.75; Starting Monday March 13, 2023 Bottled Water will be $1.25 for a 20oz Dasani
School lunches provided through the National School Lunch Program can be a critical part of maintaining a healthy childhood weight. By providing more fruits and vegetables and less fat than the average bag lunch brought from home,school lunches are the ultimate source of energy to help you be instrumental in your child’s future.
In the operation of the child feeding programs, no child will be discriminated against because of race, color, national origin, age, or handicap. If you believe you have been discriminated against, write to the Secretary of Agriculture, Washington DC, 20250.