School Counselor: Monica Mance, Ed.S.
Office: 770-736-4430The mission of the W. C. Britt Elementary School counseling department is to address barriers which might hinder students in pursuing excellence in academic knowledge, skills, and behavior, resulting in measured improvement against local, national, and world-class standards.What is the role of a school counselor?
- School counselors are certified educators who are specifically trained to address the academic, personal/social and career development needs of their students.
- School counselors are in schools to help students with anything that does not allow the student to be successful in school.
- School counselors provide classroom guidance lessons, individual counseling, and small group counseling.
- School counselors are specifically skilled in providing direct and indirect support while maintaining ethical standards including honoring confidentiality.
Who do school counselors help?
- School counselors are here to support everyone in the Britt Elementary School Community.
- School counselors are here to help students, families, parents, teachers, and staff.
When should you contact a school counselor?
- When your child is having difficulty learning.
- When your child is having social or emotional challenges at school.
- When there are family changes that are interfering with their progress in school.
- When you would like to know about community resources and agencies to support your child or family.