DHS School Council
DACULA HIGH SCHOOL COUNCIL MEMBER
Do you want to be involved at Dacula High School and know what’s going on in your local school?
Nominate yourself or someone to serve on our Local School Council! All parents that have students enrolled at Dacula High are eligible.
- School Council membership is voted on by parents and community members.
- The term for serving as a council member can be one or two years.
- The role of the council is to be an advisory group for the school. Meetings are scheduled on Tuesday mornings 7:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. with only four meetings held during each school year.
WHAT DO I DO?
- Pick up a nomination form located in the front office OR scroll down, download the file, and print the form.
- Forms are due back to Dr. Bryan Long, Principal, by Friday, August 23, 2019.
- Candidates’ information will be posted August 26, 2019 in the front office.
- Voting will begin at 7:30 a.m. on Monday, August 26, 2019 and end Friday, August 30, 2019 at 2:30 p.m.
- Voting will be done in the front office of the school during normal office hours.
- The names of the new members will be posted on the school web site and in the front office of the school on Friday, September 6, 2019.
First School Council Meeting will be held Tuesday, September 17, 2019 at 7:30 a.m.
The remaining dates are: December 3, 2019, January 28, 2020 and March 10, 2020.
All meetings are scheduled to be held at the high school, in the front office at 7:30am.