Arrival and Dismissal Procedures
Morning Drop Off Procedures
- Drivers will enter the drop-off location by either making a left turn or right turn off Broad Street onto the DHS campus.
- You will then be routed between the stadium, fieldhouse, and main gym.
- The required stop area for student drop-off is between the Main Gym and Main Building. This area will be clearly marked and well supervised by several staff members.
- Students should be prepared to quickly exit the right side of the car, and then wait on the sidewalk next to the Main Gym within this drop-off area.
- Once the student has exited the car, the driver needs to continue to move through the route area at a speed that would not pose a threat to other students or staff members on campus.
- Students will then be directed by a staff member when it is safe to cross the road.
- Parents will exit the drop-off route at the traffic light on Dacula Road at the library and Dacula Park. A school resource officer (SRO) will operate this light and direct you to make a left turn only.
- Students may only be dropped off in designated areas. Failure to comply with this procedure can result in disciplinary action for the student and a citation for the driver.
Afternoon Dismissal & Parent Pick-Up Procedures
- School dismisses at 2:10pm.
- Doors to the buses close at 2:16pm and pull away from the school at 2:17pm.
- Students may not be picked up in the visitor parking lot or any other area on campus as it interferes with our buses and traffic.
- Students may only be picked up in designated areas. Failure to comply with this procedure can result in disciplinary action for the student and a citation for the driver.
New parent pick up procedure for 21-22 beginning August 16, 2022
- Students should be picked up in the DHS Baseball/Softball parking lot at the end of the school day/
- Students should walk down on the sidewalk to this lot to meet their ride.
- Parents picking up students may park in an empty spot to meet their student.