Virtual Learning Information
BACK TO SCHOOL / FALL 2020
Virtual Student Expectations
School to Home Communication
DHS staff members do not monitor g-mail accounts. Please make sure you use staff members’ official GCPS email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) or refer to our Staff Directory.
Rise Up Parent & Community Newsletter
DHS sends a monthly electronic newsletter, RISE UP, to parents’ email address that is on file. Read these when they are sent and make sure your email address on file is up to date and correct.
o Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DaculaHS/
o Instagram: @daculahighschool
o Twitter: @DaculaHS
At Home Support
How can I support my student?
- Provide structure at home.
- Identify an appropriate place to attend live instruction in your home. This should be away from any distractions. (Students should not attend class from their bed).
- Ensure your student has the necessary materials to be successful.
- Make your expectations clear for your student to follow the day’s schedule.
- Monitor your student’s progress.
- Check grades in the Parent Portal.
- Read e-mails from your student’s teachers.
- Review the weekly progress reports.
- Check in with your student regularly and have ongoing discussions with your child about school.
- Reach out to the school for support-- call or email your student's teacher, counselor, or assistant principal!
Virtual Tech Help
Click the links below if you need help with how to....
- access eClass if new to Gwinnett
- access eClass for returning students
- change student password
- access the Parent Portal
- access Google Suite from a computer
- access Google Suite from a device
Virtual Bell Schedule
The virtual bell schedule will be the same as the regular bell schedule.
Regular Bell Schedule
1st Period 7:15 - 8:15
2nd Period 8:22 - 9:14
3rd Period 9:21 - 10:13
4th Period 10:20 - 11:12
A: 10:20 - 10:44
B: 10:48- 11:12
5th Period 11:19 - 12:11
6th Period 12:18 - 1:10
7th Period 1:17 - 2:10
*All students will have a lunch period 4th, 5th or 6th
For Advisement, homeroom, and late release schedules please refer to the bell schedule page of our website.
Virtual Device Needs
As we plan for a digital start of the school year, it is important that each student have access to a device and the internet for a successful digital learning experience. Ideally it will be best if each student has their own device to ensure uninterrupted engagement in their learning. Your students should use a laptop or chromebook (not a tablet) to access and complete their assignments. We are aware that some families may need assistance with obtaining a device for their students, with that in mind DHS will provide loaner chromebooks to families in need. We will work with the district to address your needs for hotspots as well.
Please note the following regarding the DHS devices:
- All devices are "loaner devices" and must be returned at the end of the school year (May 2021).
- There will be a $120.00 replacement fee for any un-returned device.
- Our devices are not new and may require technical support/repair during the school year.
- All devices and chargers must be returned in good condition.
We have included other resources for you should you prefer to purchase a device or access to the internet here.
DHS has a limited number of chromebooks to loan out to families in need and we will need to plan according. If you are in need of a chrome book or hotspot.
We are looking forward to a successful start of the 2020-21 school year with your students. If you have technology needs or questions about these devices, please contact Dr. Renales at email@example.com.
Virtual Learning Lunch ProcessWe will be serving sack lunches (and breakfasts) in a drive-thru manner in the bus lane from 10:30AM - 1:00PM.There is a 30 day grace period for students that qualified for Free/Reduced Lunch Services at the end of last year.
- Everyone has to apply every year.
- One application per household.
- Apply online at: http://gwinnett.schoollunchapp.com
- Paper applications are at the front office/desk, mail room, counselors office, and registrar. Make sure your paper application says 2020-2021at the top.