Carnegie Credit Courses:
Osborne Middle School 8th Grade students may earn high school Carnegie credit for the following courses:
- Algebra I
- Accelerated Algebra I
- HS Physical Science
- Spanish I
- Foundations of Engineering and Technology
- Introduction to Digital Technology
Carnegie Credit Procedures:
- A parent will be required to sign the Carnegie Unit Credit Decision at the end of the school year indicating whether the credit for the course(s) taken will be for middle school credit or as a Carnegie unit towards high school graduation. Students may not earn 1/2 Carnegie credit for courses.
- If a Milestones End of Course assessment is mandated by the state of Georgia, the student will be required to participate in the assessment to earn the Carnegie credit.
- Courses that earn a high school Carnegie credit in middle school will not be used in the grade point average (GPA) calculation for high school.
- Courses that earn a high school Carnegie credit in middle school will not be used in GPA calculations for the HOPE scholarship according to current Georgia Student Finance Commission rules for HOPE.
- Both semester grades (not yearly average) will be used to determine credit earned. If the student successfully passes both semesters a 'P' will be placed on the transcript and not a grade. A 'P' will equal 1.0 unit of credit earned.