Main Building and Gym
Grayson Elementary School is
a successful community of
lifelong learners who
strive daily for excellence to
make a difference in the world.
- Student learning is the chief priority for our school.
- Teachers, leaders, parents, and the community share the responsibility for advancing the school's mission.
- Students learn best when they are actively engaged in the learning process.
- Students need to not only demonstrate their understanding of essential knowledge and skills, but also need to be actively involved in solving problems and producing quality work.
- Exceptional students (special education, LEP, gifted, etc.) require special services and resources.
- Curriculum and instructional practices should incorporate a variety of learning activities to accommodate differences in learning styles.
- A safe and physically comfortable environment promotes student learning.
- Each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional, and intellectual needs.
- Students learn in different ways and should be provided with a variety of instructional approaches to support their learning.
- Students' learning needs should be a primary focus of all decisions impacting the work of the school.