Registration for Students who are New to GCPS
What is a "NEW to GCPS" Student?
A new to GCPS student has never attended a GCPS school before.
Parents of students new to GCPS should:
- View the instructions for GCPS Online Registration.
- Complete the GCPS Online Registration.
- Call 770-904-5400 to schedule a registration appointment at Osborne Middle.
- Gather all necessary documents in preparation for your appointment.
Please visit the registration section of the GCPS website for more information.
Proof of Residency
The Proof of Residency requirement is satisfied by a copy of a deed/contract/lease agreement or settlement statement accompanied by at least one utility bill (gas, water, electric, NOT phone). Proof of residency must show current address along with parent or legal guardian's name.
If you do not currently own, rent, or lease your place of residence, a notarized Residency Affidavit is required. This form is available at the school. Osborne Middle School has a Notary on site, if needed.
The following health records are required for a new student's registration. Both records MUST be on the Georgia Forms. These forms may be obtained from the Gwinnett County Health Department or your own physician.
- Georgia Immunization. (Shot records) (Form 3231)
- Dental, Vision, and Hearing Certification. (Form 3300)
Students who are entering the 7th or 8th grade must have a valid form 3231 that includes:
- One dose of Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccine
- One dose of meningococcal conjugate (MCV) vaccine
Parents may obtain these vaccines and updated certificates at the local health department or health care provider.
Please visit our Immunizations page for additional information, including specific grade level requirements and locations of local health centers.
Immunization forms are not sent automatically by the physician or health center. Please request this. The Osborne Middle School Fax Number is 678-765-5801. You may scan and email the form to Paulette Reynolds. These immunizations must be updated prior to the start of school, 8/6/18.
Proof of Age
Proof of age is fulfilled by a birth certificate, passport, adoption record, official school transcript, or official immigration documentation.
Social Security Number
State law requires that schools ask for this number at the time of enrollment. Students will be enrolled, even if the number is not provided; however, parents will be asked to sign a waiver.
A Social Security Number is required to receive the HOPE Scholarship.
What to Bring to Your Appointment
- Withdrawal forms from previous school.
- Transcript or report card from previous school.
- Discipline record from the previous school or a document from the previous school stating the following: “Student has no discipline record.”
- Individual Education Plan (IEP) - Required if your child received services through special education.
- ESOL Students (Speakers of Other Languages) – International Center Documentation and ESOL Documentation. If you don’t have this documentation, please call The International Newcomer Center at 678-3985-5200 to set up an appointment for your child to be tested.
- Gifted Students: Gifted Eligibility Report. Students coming from out of state must be tested.
- If divorced or separated, legal documentation showing registering parent as primary care giver.
- Temporary Guardianship: A Letter of Guardianship is required for registration, if the enrolling adult is not the birth parent. Contact Gwinnett County Probate Court (770- 822-8350) to obtain guardianship information. The court is located at 75 Langley Dr. in Lawrenceville.
- Registering parent’s Photo ID.
- Children are welcome to attend.