If you are looking for an opportunity to serve our students and staff in an interactive learning environment, the media center is the place for you! Many parents support the media program each week by volunteering their time to help students and teachers in the media center. Volunteers typically work a two hour shift one day a week and help in a variety of ways such as circulating materials to students and teachers, shelving books, and assisting students and teachers in locating materials.
1. Each volunteer should sign in at the main office and obtain a visitor's badge before coming to the media center.
2. Smile, be friendly and be willing to help students and teachers. If you are unsure of how to answer a question, please ask for assistance.
3. Maintain positive interactions with students. The media staff will handle behavior issues should they arise.
4. Quiet conversation with students, teachers, and other volunteers in the media center are essential so as not to interrupt student learning.
5. Conversations should be limited to things appropriate for all to hear.
6. Please take cell phone calls in the hall
7. Remember to keep all information confidential.
Please contact our volunteer coordinator, Elizabeth Earley, if you are interested in volunteering in the media center or are a media volunteer and need to switch shifts or need to be out. She can be reached at email@example.com.